FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 23, 2013
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE - The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will provide garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky item collection services according to the normal schedule on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27. Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
• Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart.
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on day of collection. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
• Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
• Call 311 (704.336.7600) or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov
to schedule bulky waste collection.