FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 24, 2014
CHARLOTTE - The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will provide garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulky waste collection services according to the normal schedule on Independence Day, Friday, July 4.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
• Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart. Do not bag recyclables.
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on day of collection. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
• Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
• Call 311 (704.336.7600) or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov to schedule bulky waste collection.
Also, residents should have received their new recycling collection calendar in their May utilities bill. The calendar is also available online at http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on the Curb It! program, please visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov, download the Curb it! mobile app or call 311 (704.336.7600).