FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 21, 2014
Contact: Charita Curtis, firstname.lastname@example.org
CHARLOTTE - The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will collect garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky waste on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
• Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart. Do not bag recyclables.
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
• Place leaves in untied plastic bags or uncovered trash cans (not City-issued rollout carts).
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on collection day. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
• Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
• Call 311 (704.336.7600) or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov
to schedule bulky waste collection.
Also, to access various solid waste services such as collection day information, bulky waste scheduling and recycling center locations, residents can download the new Curb it! mobile app on their mobile devices or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov