FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2011
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE - The holidays generate tons of waste and Solid Waste Services is ready to collect. To ensure items are collected on schedule, Charlotte residents are reminded of the following:
- Holiday collection services are provided. Curb It! services – residential garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items – will be provided according to the regular schedule on Friday, December 23. All services except yard waste will be provided Monday, December 26 through Friday, December 30.
- Yard waste will not be collected December 26-30. Collection services for yard waste will resume on January 2.
- Bag extra garbage. Extra garbage outside the rollout cart will be collected until December 30. Extra garbage must be bagged and placed beside (not on top) of the garbage cart.
- Properly prepare Christmas trees for collection. Beginning January 2, Solid Waste Services will collect natural Christmas trees as yard waste. Artificial trees should be scheduled for bulky item collection. To schedule a bulky item collection, call 311 (704.336.7600) or schedule online at http://curbit.charlottenc.gov. Before placing trees at the curb, all decorations must be removed. Residents living in multi-family communities on the City’s multi-family contract can call 311 to schedule Christmas tree collection.
- Place items curbside. Collection items must be placed at the curb no later than 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Recycle. Residents are encouraged to recycle, including gift wrap and cardboard. For a list of items accepted in the Recycle It! program and tips on how to properly prepare recyclables, call 311 or visit http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on all Curb It! services, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311.