FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 19, 2011
Solid Waste Services has temporarily changed its collection start time from 7:00 am to 6:30 am. The time change is for all Curb It! residential collection services – garbage, yard waste, recycling and bulky items.
The temporary time change, effective through Friday, September 2, is one way Solid Waste Services is trying to lessen the effects the extreme heat and humidity has on its collections employees.
To ensure collection, residents are asked to place their items curbside no later than 6:00 am on their scheduled collection day.
Before placing items curbside, residents are reminded of the following:
- Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage cart.
- Rinse and remove food and liquid residue from recyclables. Place them loosely in the recycling cart.
- Yard waste should be separated in piles small enough for one person to carry.
- Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than 5 feet in length and no larger than 4 inches in diameter.
- Place collection items within 2 feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
- Allow 3 feet between your garbage cart, recycling cart, yard waste, bulky items and other obstacles.
- Call 311 to schedule bulky item collection.
For more information on Curb It! residential collection services, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov.