Curb It! Holiday Collection Reminders
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 28, 2011
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE - To ensure efficient holiday collection, the City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services reminds residents of the following:
- Garbage, recycling and bulky item collection services will be provided. All Curb It! collection services – except yard waste – will be provided according to the regular schedule.
- Yard waste collection will resume on Monday, January 2.
- Extra garbage will collected until December 30. Extra garbage outside the rollout cart must be bagged and placed beside (not on top) of the cart.
- Christmas tree collection begins January 2. Residents can place natural Christmas trees curbside for yard waste collection on their scheduled collection day. Artificial trees must be scheduled for bulky item collection. To schedule a bulky item collection, call 311 (704.336.7600) or schedule online at http://curbit.charlottenc.gov. Before placing trees at the curb, please remove all decorations. Residents living in multi-family communities that are on the City’s multi-family contract can call 311 to schedule Christmas tree collection.
- Place items curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Garbage and recycling carts must be removed from the curb by midnight that same day.
- Please recycle. For a list of items accepted in the Recycle It! program and tips on how to properly prepare recyclables for collection, call 311 or visit http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on all Curb It! services, call 311 or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov.