FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 2, 2012
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE – The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will provide garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulky item collection services according to the normal schedule on Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart
• Please do not bag recyclables before placing them in the recycling rollout cart
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than 5 feet in length and no larger than 4 inches in diameter
• Yard waste should be separated in piles small enough for one person to carry
• Call 311 to schedule bulky items for collection
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on the day of collection
• Place collection items within 2 feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk
• Allow 3 feet between your garbage cart, recycling cart, yard waste, bulky items and obstacles such as vehicles, mailboxes, phone poles, etc.
Also, residents will soon receive their new recycling calendar in the mail. The calendar is already available online at http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on the Curb It! program, please visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704.336.7600).