FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 10, 2012
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE – The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will not collect garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 16. Collection services will operate on a one-day delay for the entire week with Friday customers receiving service on Saturday, January 21.
To ensure collection, residents are reminded to:
- Bag all garbage before placing it in the rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
- Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart.
- Separate yard waste into piles small enough for one person to carry.
- Call 311 (704.336.7600) or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov to schedule bulky item collection.
- Place collection items curbside by 6:30 am on collection day. Remove garbage and recycling carts from the curb by midnight that same day.
- Place collection items within 2 feet of the curb and at least 3 feet away from other collection items and obstacles such as mailboxes, phone poles, vehicles, etc. Please do not block the sidewalk.
Residents can find additional item preparation information at http://curbit.charlottenc.gov.