FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 24, 2012
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE - The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will provide garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky item collection services according to the normal schedule on Memorial Day, Monday, May 28.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart
• Please do not bag recyclables before placing them in the recycling rollout cart
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than 5 feet in length and no larger than 4 inches in diameter
• Yard waste should be separated in piles small enough for one person to carry
• Call 311 to schedule bulky items for collection
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on day of collection
• Place collection items within 2 feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk
• Allow 3 feet between your garbage cart, recycling cart, yard waste, bulky items and obstacles such as vehicles, mailboxes, phone poles, etc.
For more information on the Curb It! program, please visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704.336.7600).