FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Contact: Esperanza Dash, Solid Waste Services
704-336-6684 (PH), 980-406-4603 (C)
Charlotte, NC - All Residents will receive collection service beginning Monday, February 17. Residents who did not receive recycling collection service during the week of February 10 are advised to place rollout carts curbside prior to 6:30am on Monday. Yard waste collection will continue to be suspended for the week of February 17, resuming on a regular collection schedule on Monday, February 24.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
- Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
- Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart. Do not bag recyclables.
- Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
- Place leaves in untied plastic bags or uncovered trash cans (not City-issued carts).
- Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on collection day. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
- Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.