The Parade Permit Application should be filled out in full so that it may be processed.
1. EVENT NAME: Provide the common name by which the parade or other activity is to be known. The person or entity applying for the event is considered the event owner.
2. DATE, HOURS, TIME OF ASSEMBLY: The date of the event should be at least 30 days after the date of submittal of the application. The time of assembly is when the event will be forming on the street. The start time is when the event is scheduled to begin. The disbursement time is the time is when the streets reopen.
3. ROUTE: Give specific detailed progression of the route of event and enclose a detailed map.
4. Throwing of candy or other giveaways from floats or cars is prohibited. It is recommended that volunteers walk along side the vehicle and they can hand out giveaways to the crowd.
5. It is the responsibility of the event holder to contact businesses and neighborhood organizations to advise of the closure impacts on the affected streets.
6. Depending upon the size and scope of the event a "Certificate of insurance" may be required.
7. Return the completed application with $10 check made payable to the City of Charlotte to:
CDOT Special Events Coordinator
Charlotte Department of Transportation- Sixth Floor
600 East Fourth Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Please call 704-336-3889 with questions.