Charlotte Department of Transportation
For more information, please contact Doreen Szymanski, Public Service & Communications Division Manager, 704-336-7527 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 18, 2014
Upcoming Ridge Road Closure
Charlotte, NC— Ridge Road between Prosperity Ridge Road and the western loop of Waverly Lynn Lane will close Monday August 4 at 9 a.m. and will reopen by Monday August 18 at 9 a.m. for construction of a storm drain associated with the Prosperity Ridge Road Connection Project. This project is a City component of the overall I-485/Prosperity Village split diamond interchange being constructed by NCDOT.
Project information can be found at Prosperity Ridge Road Connection Project. More details are as follows:
- Motorists should allow for additional commute time and use alternate routes. See the detour map below.
- A detour route using Prosperity Church Road, Johnston-Oehler Road, Mallard Creek Road and Amanda Ellen Road will be posted.
- Variable message boards will be placed in advance of the closure advising motorists of the closure dates.
- Local access will be maintained.
- CATS will not be affected.
- Weather and unforeseen circumstances occasionally prevent work from being completed as scheduled, and make it unsafe to reopen lanes or streets when planned. When this occurs, City traffic engineers work directly with other City staff and contractors to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and reduce
impacts to the traveling public.
Contacts for the City of Charlotte during the closure are:
The Charlotte Department of Transportation's (CDOT) more than 400 employees work together to ensure we accomplish our mission to provide safe and efficient transportation systems that support economic vitality and quality of life for Charlotte residents and visitors. Well-paved streets with lighting, safe and accessible sidewalks, bicycle lanes, neighborhood traffic programs and efficient intersections are examples of how CDOT is "Connecting Charlotte."