FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 4, 2013
Contact: Linda Durrett, 704-336-3902
Charlotte, NC— Several uptown streets will close this week for Taste of Charlotte on June 7-9. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes around the uptown area. Those wishing to attend the events or needing to commute to the center city are strongly advised to utilize CATS buses and the LYNX Blue Line Light Rail.
- Motorists should allow for additional commute time
- During weekday work hours, uptown workers should arrive early and leave early if possible
- Commuters should utilize the I-277 loop/exit closest to their location
TASTE OF CHARLOTTE: JUNE 7-9:
The annual Taste of Charlotte festival will be held on Tryon Street between Sixth Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Streets closed for set-up at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 6:
- Trade Street between Church Street and College Street
- Tryon Street between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Sixth Street (all cross streets except Trade Street will remain open)
- Streets closed for set-up at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 6:
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth Streets between College Street and Church Street
- The streets above will reopen Friday, June 7 from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and then will close again.
- All streets will reopen Sunday, June 9 at 10:00 p.m.
For more information about riding CATS and LYNX, pick up locations and stops, go to www.ridetransit.org
Contacts for the City of Charlotte during the event are:
The Charlotte Department of Transportation's (CDOT) more than 400 employees work together to ensure we accomplish our mission to provide safe and efficient transportation systems that support economic vitality and quality of life for Charlotte residents and visitors. Well-paved streets with lighting, safe and accessible sidewalks, bicycle lanes, neighborhood traffic programs and efficient intersections are examples of how CDOT is "Connecting Charlotte."