Contractors for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department (CMUD) will replace a drinking water pipe under;
- Arrowood Road (between Arrowridge Boulevard and near Kings Creek Drive);
- Sulkirk Road (between Park South Road and Sharon Road);
- Park South Road (between Park Road and Sulkirk Road); and
- Sharon Road (between Sulkirk Road and Rutherford Drive).
WHEN: Construction started July 21st, 2014 on Arrowood Road (at Arrowridge Boulevard) and will continue through December. Construction on Sulkirk Road will begin in December (after Arrowood Road work near completion).
To accommodate construction for Sulkirk Road Water Main Replacement project, two consecutive closures will occur on Sulkirk Road.
- The first closure will be from Rutherford Drive to Severn Avenue on Monday, December 8, 2014 at 9 a.m. through Friday, December 19, 2014 at 6 p.m.
- The second closure on Sulkirk Road will be from Severn Avenue to Sharon Road on Monday, December 22, 2014 at 9 a.m. through Friday, January 2, 2015 at 6 p.m.
During each closure, motorists can use the detour route of Sharon Road, Park Road, Park South Drive and Fairview Road (shown in green below). Sidewalks will be open for pedestrians.
First Closure: Second Closure:
WHAT TO EXPECT: Expect to see several dump trucks, large trucks delivering pipe, and large excavators.
WATER SERVICE: If temporary interruption of water service becomes necessary, affected property owners will be notified at least 72 hours in advance. Unexpected service interruptions will be treated as an emergency.
Sulkirk Road, Park South Road, Sharon Road: