Huntersville – The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department honored 32 local companies this week for environmental excellence in protecting our community's water quality during the 2013 calendar year.
The award winners are among more than 60 industrial companies in Mecklenburg County that discharge high-strength wastewater into the city’s wastewater system. The discharge permits and pretreatment processes are monitored by CMUD to ensure that wastewater is treated properly and returned to the environment safely.
Environmental Excellence Award winners complied with pollution discharge requirements and exhibited a proactive and innovative approach to protecting water quality. The honorees were recognized during a luncheon June 12th at the Lee Dukes Water Treatment Plant in Huntersville.
· American Circuits, Inc.(1st year Platinum)
· Mecklenburg County 521 Foxhole Landfill (3rd year Platinum)
· Charlotte Pipe & Foundry Company
· Ingersoll Rand – Customer Solutions Center
· Jacobsen, A Textron Company
· Mallard Creek Polymers Incorporated
· Norfolk Southern Railway - M.W. Roadway Shop
· The Charlotte Observer
· Wallace Farm
· Alsco Inc #0097
· Alsco Inc #3024
· AO Smith Corporation
· Aplix, Inc.
· Aramark Uniform Services, Inc.
· Arjobex America
· Cargill, Inc.
· Carolina Foods, Inc.
· Chesapeake Treatment Company, LLC
· Cintas Corporation
· CMCO/Duff Norton Company
· Emerald Carolina Chemical, LLC
· G&K Services
· Huntsman International, LLC
· Independent Beverage Company
· Kellogg Snacks – Charlotte Bakery
· Lifetouch, Inc., Photo Division
· Southeastern Metal Products, LLC
· Snyder’s – Lance, Inc.
· SPG Prints America, Inc.
· The Dow Chemical Company
· Trimac Transportation
· Unifirst Corporation, Location #212
Crown Award - Water Conservation