It's Your Call - Effective November 26, 2011
All routes and the LYNX Blue Line
Your safety is a primary focus at CATS. Our safety and security team works hard every day to ensure that your commute is trouble free, but we can’t do it all on our own. We need your help in keeping CATS safe for everyone. With the holiday shopping season now underway, we want to remind you of a few simple tips.
- Keep your valuables out of site and keep your personal items, such as your purse, backpack, packages, etc. under your control at all times.
- Be alert to your surroundings at all times.
- Don’t flash large amounts of cash.
- Travel with someone you know.
- Avoid talking to strangers.
- Park in well lit areas.
- Always lock your doors after leaving and entering your automobile.
- Remove all personal items from your automobile, such as change, cell phones, brief cases, etc.
- Don’t leave packages on the car seat. Store them out of sight in the trunk.
- Pay attention to who gets on and off at your stop.
- Trust your instincts. If something or someone makes you uneasy, avoid the person or leave.
Remember, it’s your call. Safety and security begins with you. If you see something, say something. Alert CATS Safety and Security Personnel, a police
officer, a train or bus operator, or call 9-1-1 if you see illegal or suspicious activity.
For a complete list of transportation safety tips, visit us online at ridetransit.org or for customer service assistance, call 704-336-RIDE (7433).