Contact: Jean Leier (704) 432-0496
CATS NOW FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
Charlotte, N.C., January 26, 2011 - Have you ever arrived at a transit stop and wanted to know when the next bus or train will arrive or depart? Well, now your iPhone can help you answer those questions. CATS is pleased to announce a new FREE app for the iPhone with versions for Blackberry, Droid and web-enabled smartphones arriving in March 2011. The “Ride CATS” mobile app estimates the next arrival time and the next three arrival times at any transit stop for any CATS bus route or LYNX train. “Ride CATS” is an expansion of the introductory mobile app launched last year for the LYNX Blue Line and is the first of many mobile innovations CATS will be making this year.
“Today’s customer is on the go and CATS new mobile app provides just-in-time transit schedule information to keep them moving,” said Olaf Kinard, Director of Marketing and Communications. “Not knowing when a transit trip will arrive to pick you up is one of the number one questions our customers ask and is an obstacle to attracting new riders. This innovation makes it easier, faster and more convenient for people to ride public transit.”
Besides checking on your next ride, the “Ride CATS” iPhone app also features:
- Displaying the next three times a transit vehicle is to arrive at a stop or station
- Saving your most frequented stops and routes for quick access to get the next bus/train trip
- Showing an entire route and stops on a Google Map
- Complete stop listing with an option to display it on a Google Map
- Planning a trip through Google Transit
- Spanish and English language options
- And, sending feedback to CATS Customer Service
To learn more about CATS and its services, please call 704-336-RIDE (7433) or visit us on our website at www.ridetransit.org.