January 30, 2013
On Monday, February 4, 2013, the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS
) will adjust the North Mecklenburg Village Rider routes serving Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson. “Modifications to the Village Rider routes are designed to provide more direct service, while maintaining service options to passengers needing to travel within the deviation zone,” says Pamela White, Manager of Service Development.
Deviated service is within ¾ mile of the fixed route. Passengers desiring to travel within ¾ mile of discontinued fixed route areas may use the deviated service. To travel within the deviated service area on the North Meck Village Riders, riders can contact CATS customer service agents at 704-336-7433 to schedule their trip. 97 Cornelius
– Service in Cornelius and Davidson will remain the same. Fixed route service within Northcross Shopping Center, Ramah Church Road, Glendale Drive and Huntersville-Concord Road area will be discontinued as part of the regular fixed route service. Passengers desiring to travel directly to these areas may use the deviated service. 98 McCoy Road
- Service will remain the same between Holly Point Drive and the Huntersville Gateway Park and Ride. Service to Food Lion, Rosedale Commons Shopping Center and Presbyterian Hospital will no longer be a part of the fixed route service and may be provided with the deviated service. 99 Huntersville
- The route will provide more direct service between Huntersville Gateway Park and Ride and Northlake Mall. 17 Commonwealth Avenue
- The last two late night trips are modified to serve the Matthews-Independence Pointe Park and Ride Lot. 34 Freedom Drive and 55 Westinghouse Boulevard
– These routes will provide an additional morning and evening trip to accommodate passenger loads.
For a complete list of schedule changes
or to learn more about CATS services, please call 704-336-7433 or visit us on the web at www.ridetransit.org