For Immediate Release: March 6, 2012
Ride CATS and Take a Break From Getting Squeezed at the Pump
Do you feel your wallet getting tighter each time you have to stop and fill your vehicle at the pump? Stop getting squeezed by gas prices and give yourself a break by taking the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS). Riding public transit, carpooling, vanpooling or biking can eliminate the high prices you pay at the pump. When you include the cost of parking and the wear and tear on an automobile, you can save more than $200 per month, tax free.
“Commuters currently not riding the bus will be amazed at the cost savings and convenience of public transportation once they give us a try,” said Carolyn Flowers, CEO of CATS. “Even if you can only take transit a few times a week you will be saving money that you can use for other areas of your life.”
To calculate your potential savings by riding CATS use CATS Gas Calculator. Don’t forget to download CATS FREE mobile app, Ride CATS, to get the latest bus and train schedule information when you are on the move. Besides checking on your next ride, the Ride CATS app also features:
· Next three times a transit vehicle is to arrive at a stop station
· Your most frequented stops and routes for quick access to get the next bus/train trip
· An entire route and stops on a Google Map
· Trip planning through Google Transit
· Spanish and English language options
· Direct feedback to CATS Customer Service
To learn more about CATS and its services, please call 704-336-7433 or visit us on our website at www.ridetransit.org.