What is this study?
The LYNX Silver Line/Southeast Corridor Transit Study intends to:
- Provide an interim bus transit strategy that utilizes the future managed lanes proposed on Independence Boulevard.
- Define a preferred rail alignment.
- Coordinate with land development strategies to protect and preserve land for the selected rail corridor.
What have we done so far?
Since mid 2015, the LYNX Silver Line study team has conducted extensive technical analysis of the study area and administered two phases of public outreach. Public outreach consisted of:
- 7 public meetings and 49 neighborhood meetings reaching over 1,000 community members;
- an online survey with over 300 responses;
- meetings with Novant Presbyterian Hospital, members of Charlotte City Council, the Town of Matthews, and the Charlotte Chamber East.
At the April 2016 public meetings, the study team presented four light rail alignment options. As a result of the feedback recieved, the study team has eliminated Option C and Option D. Moving forward, the team will continue to consider the following TWO options: