This project will provide various infrastructure improvements (sidewalk, curb & gutter, drainage, etc.) in the Ponderosa neighborhood. The project's boundaries are West Boulevard, a Norfolk-Southern RR line, Seymour Drive and the rear property lines of parcels on the east side of Kenhill Drive. In the voter-approved 2006 bonds, $400,000 was included for Planning & Design for the Ponderosa neighborhood project. In November 2008, voters approved another bond package which contained $1,900,000 to be used to construct the Ponderosa NIP project. This project also involves coordination with storm drainage projects.
- Sidewalk is proposed on Fordwood, Denview, Parkmont, Markland and Wedgefield.
- Drainage improvements are proposed throughout the neighborhood with a concentration on the system from Markland to Mayfair between Wedgefield and Fordwood.
- Dense street trees are proposed on Markland between Parkmont and Elkmont to deter speeding.
- Resurfacing is proposed for Danlow, Wedgefield and a portion of Markland between Wedgefield and Fordwood.
- A pedestrian access path is proposed between Kenhill and Mayfair to provide access to Wingate Park.
Click here to view current site plans.
See map below for August 2014 detour: