This project is one of eleven Neighborhood Improvement Projects (NIP) that were approved in the 2010 Neighborhood Bond Referendum. This project was selected due to the neighborhood showing a decline or weakness in one or more of the assessed dimensions in the Neighborhood Quality of Life Index. Project need is based on addressing substandard and deteriorating neighborhood infrastructure, improving the livability of neighborhoods and preserving the tax base.
The following infrastructure improvements were approved during the 2009 Planning Phase:
- Miramar Drive: New sidewalk and curb & gutter.
- Chipola Drive: New curb & gutter and storm drainage improvements.
- Jennie Linn Drive (Chipola to Finchley): New curb & gutter and storm drainage improvements.
- Glenville Avenue, Delgany Drive, Tipperary Place, Stonehaven Drive, Foxford Place, Dora Drive (Glenville to Purser), Purser Drive (Glenville to Foxford): New sidewalk.
- Significant additional storm drainage improvements are being reviewed on Glenville Avenue, Dora Drive, Tipperary Place, Stonehaven Drive and Foxford Place.
- All improved streets will include new street trees.
- Maintain, stabilize and revitalize the neighborhood through comprehensive infrastructure improvements
- Strengthen the neighborhood and surrounding community
Click here to view the Finchley-Purser/Shamrock Hills Map.
Please note that this is the NIP funding amount with additional funding for storm water improvements. The project budget typically includes all costs associated with planning and design, acquiring the right of way, utility relocation, consultant fees, construction, signalization, permits and landscaping.
The Engineering & Property Management (E&PM) project team will manage the Finchley-Purser/Shamrock Hills project through a four stage process. Click here
to learn more about how City projects are selected, designed and built.