Cost: To Be Determined
(upon completion of Project Planning)
Please note that the project cost will include all costs associated with the project such as planning and design, acquiring the right of way, utility relocation, consultant fees, construction, signalization, permits, and landscaping.
The Engineering & Property Management (E&PM) project team will manage the Prosperity Village Northwest Arc Thoroughfare Extension Project through a four stage process. Click here
to learn how City projects are selected, designed and built.
MARCH 20, 2012 ALTERNATIVE WORKSHOP DETAILS
Approximately 150 individuals attended the meeting. Click below to view maps and handouts provided at the meeting:
In addition, comment forms were provided at the meeting. A total of 82 comment forms were completed and submitted to the project team. In summary:
- Thirty-nine of the comments were generally in favor of the project.
- Thirty-one of the comments were against specific alignments but did not express an overall opinion of the project.
- Eleven of the comments were against the project.
- One of the comments was undecided and did not express a preference.
The most common concerns were:
- The need to relocate current residents from their homes.
- Ridge Road Extension terminating at Goldenfield Drive and cut-through traffic traveling through the streets within Eastfield Subdivision to Eastfield Road. It was suggested Ridge Road should extend to Eastfield Road to alleviate this issue.
- Extending Cardinal Point Road to the relocated Prosperity Church Road.
- Noise from the traffic along the proposed relocated Prosperity Church Road.
- Increase in traffic and congestion in the area, including the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Safety for children who play in the surrounding neighborhoods and communities with respect to this anticipated increase in traffic.
- Concern about possible increase in crime in the area.
- Questions regarding the need for on-street parking along relocated Prosperity Church Road.
- A concern about possible decrease in property values in the surrounding area.
- Impacts to existing wetlands.
Benefits of the project (identified through meeting discussion and comment forms):
- Reduction of congestion in the area.
- Sidewalks provided on both sides of the proposed roads.
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 CORRIDOR WORKSHOP DETAILS
Approximately 195 citizens attended the meeting. Click here to view the informational handout provided at the meeting. A total of 44 comment forms were received. In summary:
- Twenty of the comments were generally in favor of the project
- Eight of the comments were against the project
- Sixteen of the comments were undecided or did not express a preference
The most common concerns discussed at the meeting and within the comment forms were:
- The possibility of property being taken for the project, home owners/residents being relocated, and receiving just compensation for property acquired/relocation.
- Noise – during construction and from traffic on the final roads.
- Safety hazards for children – due to the close proximity of the new roads and the potential for an increase in traffic in the adjacent communities.
- General concern about an increase in traffic through the adjacent neighborhood roads – traffic using these roads as a cut-through to/from Eastfield Road.
- The proposed roads being visually unflattering to the existing homes/residents.
- Increase in crime in the adjacent communities.
- Impacts to wetlands and wildlife.
Suggestions provided through the discussions at the meeting and within the comment forms were:
- Continue the Ridge Road extension to Eastfield Road.
- Provide sidewalks, bicycle lanes, and landscaping along the proposed roads.
- Provide sidewalks along the existing section of Prosperity Church Road.
The City will follow the NEPA process on this project. Click here to learn more.
Please contact the project team below for more information.
Dan Leaver, E&PM Project Manager, 704-336-6388
Matt Magnasco, CDOT Street Connectivity Program Manager, 704-336-3368
Stuart Basham, MUMPO Project Engineer, 704-336-4695