From Capps Hill Mine Road to Pauline Lane
A 2010 Transportation Project
This transportation project improves existing Beatties Ford Road from Capps Hill Mine Road to Pauline. Funding for design, real estate and construction of this project was included in the 2010 transportation bonds.
- Reduce congestion
- Improve safety for all modes of travel, including bicycles and pedestrians
- Install sidewalks and planting strips for overall neighborhood enhancement
Click here to view the vicinity map and mailing list locations.
The Engineering & Property Management (E&PM) project team will manage the Beatties Ford Improvement Project through a four stage process. Click here to learn how City projects are selected, designed and built.
Details from the Planning Phase and its public involvement process:
City staff worked with Atkins PBS&J consulting firm and completed the planning phase for the improvements to Beatties Ford Road. These plans were based on safety, cost, benefits, traffic analysis and an extensive public involvement process that allows citizens and nearby businesses to provide input at public meetings.
Public Meeting/workshop information:
- April 10, 2003 (click here for meeting minutes
in pdf format)
- May 2003 postcard
- September 16 and 18, 2003 (click here for meeting minutes
in pdf format)
- January 2004 Newsletter
- November 2010 post card (pdf format)
, PE, Engineering Project Manager, 704-336-7926