Rendering of streetcar tracks along Elizabeth Avenue for CityLYNX Gold Line - Phase 1
CityLYNX Gold Line
Construction for the CityLYNX Gold Line - Phase 1 began on December 12, 2012. Once completed, it will run 1.5 miles along Trade Street -- from Time Warner Cable Arena to Presbyterian Hospital. Click here to view updates related to this construction.
A 2.5 mile extension of the project, Phase 2, is currently under consideration by City Council. If completed, it will serve as the backbone and key connection to a larger transit system:
- Connecting all rapid transit lines to each other
- Connecting inter-city rail & bus to the city and region
- Connecting all rapid transit lines to the Airport (post-Phase 2)
- Connecting riders to transit centers
- Connecting neighborhoods to Center City and major activity centers within Mecklenburg County.
The City Manager's recommendations for Phase 2 include: