The City of Charlotte has long been recognized as a city of success -- from our natural assets and quality of life to our diverse economy, historical significance, entrepreneurial spirit and technological accomplishments. However, none of this success would be possible without the people who call this place home.
Charlotte is a diverse network of neighborhoods, a collaboration of residents each lending their culture, ideas, passion and volunteer effort toward bettering our community. To celebrate these achievements, and to learn more about resources available to support these efforts, please join us as we engage, learn and celebrate at the 2014 Neighborhood Leadership Awards. The event will be held 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, September 27 at BB&T Ballpark (Charlotte Knights Stadium).
How can you participate?
The time and energy expended by these volunteers are often overlooked. With this nomination you are thanking them for their efforts and dedication as well as inspiring others to pursue similar accomplishments.
Eligibility Requirements for Nominees:
- Nominees must reside within Charlotte’s city limits.
- Eligibility is limited to neighborhood based clubs, organizations, neighborhood or homeowner associations unless otherwise indicated.
- Self-nomination is permitted.
- Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
- People’s Choice Award eligibility is limited to individuals. Organizations will not be considered.
- Activities referenced must have taken place during 2013 or 2014.
All finalists will be recognized. One winner per category will be presented a unique award at the event.