The City of Charlotte aims to improve neighborhood quality of life through a community engagement strategy that ensures children are safe, succeeding in school, and supported by their community. An integral component to achieving this goal is providing funding to organizations that deliver high-quality out-of-school time services to children and youth in high need neighborhoods.
FY16 - 17 Request for Proposals
The City of Charlotte is currently accepting proposals from out-of-school time providers that are a N.C. Licensed after school provider, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Local Education Agency or faith based organization located in Charlotte. Providers must have provided a continuous out of school time program for a minimum of three (3) years with at least one year in Charlotte. Among other requirements detailed in the RFP document below, the program must serve a minimum of 50 participants.
Schedule Overview See RFP document link below for detailed information
|RFP Recommendations Presented to City Council||November 10, 2014|
|FY16 - 17 RFP Release||November 21, 2014|
|Pre-Submission Conference||December 5, 2014|
|Proposal Due||January 12, 2015|
|Eligibility Determination and Notice||January 23, 2015|
|Clarifications Due||January 30, 2015|
|Site Visits for Eligible Applicants||February 2 - 6, 2015|
|Staff Interviews for Eligible Applicants||February 9 - 11, 2015|
|OST Evaluation & Recommendations||March 1, 2015|
|Funding Recommendation Presented to City Council||April 2015|
|Provider’s Information Session||June 2015|
|September 1, 2015|
Request for Proposals for Out of School Time Services
- You may search under any of the following parameters:
- Bid Number: 269-2015-027
- Department: NON-STATE - City of Charlotte/Mecklenburg County
- Category: Services (Contractual and Consultant)
- Commodity: 952 - Human Services
- To access the RFP via the Internet, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader. This reader can be downloaded from Adobe for free here.
- Please read the RFP completely. If you wish to respond, please follow the directions found in the RFP for submission of a Proposal.