Educational, recreational and cultural projects and programs are initiatives that improve the overall enrichment of the community’s residents. These programs are a great opportunity to engage members of the community in activities that can help them grow personally and, in turn, help the community grow.
Project examples include:
- After school and tutorial programs
- Programs for senior citizens
- Music or art enrichment
- Some outdoor or recreational activities
There are some important things to remember about this category:
- Trips are limited to one per organization and must be day trips within Mecklenburg County.
- Festivals and block parties are limited to one per organization at a maximum grant award of $10,000.
For more information about cultural, recreational and educational projects, contact Atalie Zimmerman at 704-336-4594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.