Several documents are required to complete the electronic submission process. Below are requirements for each subdivision application type i.e., Sketch Plan, Preliminary Plan and Final Plat.
Required documents may be uploaded during the attach document process in Accela Citizen Access (ACA).
Sketch Plan Requirements:
Preliminary Plan Requirements:
- Application Signature Form Subdivision – All subdivision applications must include the owner and/or the duly authorized agent's signature.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Utilities Form
- Financial Responsibility Form – Complete this form for all projects that require one acre or more of grading or land clearing activity. For more information, about land-disturbing activity see Chapter 17, Article 2 of the Charlotte City Code or Section 6 of the Mecklenburg County Sedimentation and Erosion Control Ordinance.
- Floodplain Development Permit Application (If Applicable)
- Gateway Checklist for Subdivision
- NCDOT Stamped Memo –
a. If a project is located on a state maintained road or in the Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) , deliver 2 sets of new or revised plans and drainage calculations* directly to the NCDOT District Office.
b. Submit a copy of a memo stamped by NCDOT via ACA. *A stamped memo verifies the delivery of items described in item (A) above.
- NCDOT Street & Driveway Permit Application – Complete and attach a NCDOT Driveway and Permit Application (Form TEB 65-04) for projects with driveway entrances to NCDOT - Maintained Roadways.
Final Plat Requirements:
- The applicant shall be aware of the procedures for approval in Section 20-17 and Section 20-18 of the Subdivision Ordinance.
- Minor Subdivision Plats may require additional fees if grading and/or construction plans are requested. If applicable, additional fees will be paid to Engineering & Property Management (EPM). View EPM fees and payment methods at: City of Charlotte Engineering & Property Management FY 15 Land Development User Fees
- For Exemptions / "Not Subject To", See City of Charlotte Subdivision Ordinance, Section 20-6 Definitions.SUBDIVISON.