Citizen Service
Print this PageSite Feedback
Permitting for outdoor events on public property
Outdoor special events located on private property within the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County may require a temporary permit(s). Examples of events that require a permit are ones where temporary structures or tents are involved.
We encourage event planners to review this opens in a new windowPlanning guide for events on private property during the DNC. 

Charlotte Land Development Services will be your primary point of contact to determine what, if any, permits are required. Call 704-336-6692 with questions regarding permitting DNC-related outdoor special events on private property.

Fill out a opens in a new window preliminary request form to provide information about your event that will help us determine your planning and permitting requirements.