If you or a family member has a special need or a disability, you should address these issues as you are preparing your family's emergency plan.
- Carry a health information card if you have a special need.
- Evaluate your capacities, limitations, needs and surroundings.
- Determine the type of help you might need during an emergency, and make appropriate plans.
- List the information you might need, such as your doctors, medications, your specific disability, allergies, equipment needed etc.
- Keep all necessary medication and supplies on hand for at least a seven-day period.
Get more information about preparedness for those with access and functional needs.
Get more information about preparedness for senior family members.