MeckLINK Behavioral Healthcare, a local government agency, is a Managed Care Organization serving persons in Mecklenburg County. We manage, coordinate, and monitor mental health, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, and substance abuse services (MH/IDD/SA). We authorize payment for Medicaid and State funded behavioral health services. We manage a network of community providers who offer a variety of services to meet an individual's needs and promote wellness. MeckLINK monitors the provider network to ensure that consumers receive the highest quality of care possible. We provide these resources for those with Medicaid and those without insurance.
Our Vision is to be a community that supports individuals and families who are fully empowered to lead healthy and independent lives.
Our Mission is to assist persons, families and communities affected by mental illness, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and substance abuse to achieve their life goals.
We commit to strength-based best practices for treatment and supports that lead to recovery and an independent, healthy life. We will listen to consumer and family needs and provide choices for care and community resources. Reachable goals present more opportunities for a positive outcome.
How We Can Help
MeckLINK is your one point of contact to request behavioral healthcare services.
• In an emergency or crisis situation
• To receive more information about MH/IDD/SA services
• To be connected to a provider
• If you or a family member are experiencing depression, anxiety or thought disorder symptoms
• If you or a family member are experiencing substance abuse or addiction problems
• If you or a family member have an intellectual and/or developmental disability
• For further information about community advocacy organizations or resources
MeckLINK Behavioral Healthcare contracts with other organizations to provide some of its functions. This is called delegation. MeckLINK adheres to the standards of its accrediting organization, URAC, to ensure that delegated organizations meet quality standards. MeckLINK delegates the following activities:
• Customer Service Call Center overflow services
• Independent review for utilization management decisions
• Verification of credentials for licensed independent practitioners and agency providers