Election of Chair and Vice-Chair
Democrat Harold Cogdell was elected chair of the Mecklenbur Board of County Commissioners defeating Jennifer Roberts who held the position since 2006. Jim Pendergraph was re-elected as vice-chair.
County Manager's Strategic Management Plan
Commissioners approved the County Manager's 2012 strategic management work plan
. Objectives include:
- Continue to develop implementation strategies for the County’s Consolidated Human Services Agency that results in greater sharing of resources and more formal functional consolidation of services.
- Enterprise Risk Management Priorities and Action Plan (i.e., the ultimate product after we do the risk assessment)
- Develop a procure-to-pay business/operating model.
- Implement Business Support Services Agency action plan (creating consolidated/shared services operating model for internal support functions).
- Implement first-year of volunteer program partnership with Hands on Charlotte.
- Implement electronic meeting agenda process using Legistar software.
2012 BOCC Meeting Schedule
Commissioners adopted a meeting schedule for 2012 with one amendment, there will not be a meeting on Sept. 5, 2012 as noted in the schedule.
Sustainable Communities Regional Planning Grant
Commissioners recognized the County's work in helping to secure a $4.9 million federal Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD) grant that will help the region deal with sustainability planning in transportation, the environment, housing, and economic development.
CMS Board of Education FY 12 Adopted Budget
Commissioners reviewed the FY 12 adopted budget for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Board of Education. The budget will be approved at the state level.