Mecklenburg County staff have developed a five part strategy, comprehensively addressing the risks related to Carbon Monoxide. The key elements of this strategy are:
- Public Information: Increase the public's awareness of risk regarding Carbon Monoxide poisoning; outline steps the public may take to minimize this risk.
- Physician Information: Increase physician awareness of CO symptom misdiagnosis,
- CFD/MCFM: Investigate risks to fire investigators on cold fire sites,
- Mechanical Contractors: Address the need for skilled CO mechanical service technicians,
- CO Alarm requirement: Adopt a countywide Carbon Monoxide Alarm requirement.
Read about the history of developing our local CO regulation.