The Building-Development Commission shall review, advise, and make recommendations to the Board and Code Enforcement regarding:
- The development of new, or amended ordinances, codes, standards, and
regulations that pertain to the land development/building industry in Mecklenburg County
- The annual budget of County departments with land development/building regulatory functions, the cost to the County of the departments and the disposition of any surplus funds derived from collected fees
- Programmatic and financial reviews as deemed necessary
- The methodology for establishing and the level of all fees charged the land development/building industry including, but not limited to, all fees for construction permits required by the General Statutes
- Land development/building regulatory programs, processes, plans, and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness, in order to reduce redundancy and enhance coordination
- Annual assessment of performance by the County and the Department in meeting the requirements of this Ordinance and the needs of the public
- Public opinion on new, amended or proposed City/County government changes of authority, organization and function as may affect the Department
- Procedures and management methods of the Department to maintain a high degree of professionalism and efficiency. Also to assist in the development of guidelines for the Department's relationship with related departments
- The employment of outside consultants to analyze the Department's functions and efficiency, and prepare a proposal for corrective action when deemed necessary.
2014 Membership of the Building-Development Commission and Staff
Director of Code Enforcement
Land Use and Environmental Services Agency(704) 336-3827
Commissioner Trevor M. Fuller, Chairman
Commissioner Matthew Ridenhour - District 5
2014 Meeting Dates
The Building-Development Commission meets the third Tuesday of every month from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the Charlotte Conference Room located on the main level of the Hal Marshall County Services Center, 700 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC.
Minutes of the BDC Meetings
Click the links below for PDFs of meeting minutes.