How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Notify Me
 Code Enforcement:
About Us
Contact Us
Staff Directory
 Most Requested:
Code Interpretations
Electronic Services
Permit FAQs
Home Internet Permits
Inspection Failure Reports
Plan Review Failure Reports
Statistical Data
 Land Use &
 Services Agency
 Code Enforcement
 700 North Tryon Street
 Charlotte, NC 28202

 fax 704-336-3839

Temporary Saw Service


Q.  Are there other minimum requirements for a temporary saw service besides the NEC?

A.  The electrical code regulates most of the requirements for a saw service. They can be found in Article 590 of the 2008 NEC. The size of the poles, bracing, location on the lots, distance from transformers and utility poles are regulated by the local power companies.

Download the local regulations from the link below for that information.


•  For general permit information, please call 704-336-3830

•  For general electrical code questions, please call CTAC 704-432-4668

•  For Code Interpretations, please call Joe Weathers,  Electrical Code Administrator,  704-336-5379

Printed from: