Scope of Services:
- Provides code guidance to designers, developers and the construction industry.
- Develops and administers local licensing policies and regulations.
- Provides technical educational opportunities for inspection and plan review personnel.
- Communicates action/proposed action to necessary agencies, and affected parties.
- Resolves code related problems associated with field inspection activities.
- Assists with Plan Review problem resolution.
- Researches and develops code interpretations as needed.
- Researches, evaluates and approves alternative methods, materials and innovative green technologies.
- Last point of code appeals from plan review and field inspections.
- Provides fee-based field inspection services. Develops and administers local licensing
To regulate the installation, repairs, use and maintenance of electrical systems, wiring, devices, appliances and appurtenances in Mecklenburg County in accordance with the provisions set forth in the current edition of the National Electrical Code and Mecklenburg County Ordinance.
• For general permit information, please call 704-336-3830
• For general electrical code questions, please call CTAC 704-432-4668
• For Code Interpretations, please call Joe Weathers, Electrical Code Administrator, 704-336-5379