To administer and enforce the various ordinances, codes and standards that apply to all buildings, structures, premises and conditions that pose danger of fires, explosions, or related hazards within Mecklenburg County; teach Fire Prevention Education in the schools and industries within Mecklenburg County; and investigate fires when the origin and cause cannot be determined by the volunteer fire department.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Maintains an inspection schedule for the purposes of identifying activities and conditions in buildings, structures and premises that pose danger of fire, explosion, and/or hazards.
- Maintains an educational program to assure that fire prevention education is delivered to all 4th grade students in the schools outside of the Charlotte City Limits.
- Conducts fire investigations when called by the fire departments, police departments, insurance companies, or property owners.
- Resolves problems associated with Plan Review activities.
- Researches and develops code interpretations.
Mark Auten, Fire Marshal