Scope of Services:
- Instructs and assists customers with understanding residential permitting requirements by phone and in person.
- Assign street name, street number, parcel numbers, and interpret zoning requirements relating to residential structures.
- Processes residential building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, zoning and sign permits.
- Verifies thoroughness of application before validating permit; determine USDC codes, contractor license, bonding, insurance requirements and zoning setbacks.
- Determines fees in accordance with local ordinance; verify permits are processed with minimum construction costs or higher.
- Promote, train and process permits using the Internet.
- Process permits by fax.
- Maintains up-to-date contractor license information on the computer.
- Refers customers to other agencies and core processes for appropriate approvals before the issuance of permits.
- Process and track residential construction documents through in-house review.
- Verify documents for completeness prior to processing plans through Residential Plans Review.
- Communicate project status results to industry and customers.
- Accumulate plans and permit application for final approval and validation.
- Track residential plans in computer system to insure 5 days turn around time.
Residential Permit Services is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of permits by thorough investigation in accordance with local ordinances and state laws which generates revenue relative to building construction.
Wendell Dixon, Manager