February 12, 2010
Child Support Enforcement Update
On January 29, Mecklenburg County submitted its Child Support Enforcement (CSE) transition plan to the NC Department of Health and Human Services. Since that time, staff has been working on executing that plan. Below are key actions that have taken place:
- February 3: County support departments met to discuss the transition and the resources needed from each area to facilitate the transition and support the ongoing operation of CSE.
- February 11: County staff, including Human Resources (HR), met with Mecklenburg County CSE staff to discuss the transition and respond to questions. CSE employees were informed of when jobs would be posted, the recruitment process, and given information on County benefits. County HR staff will meet with CSE staff monthly to provide additional information related to HR topics.
- February 12: CSE positions were posted on the County's HR website to begin the recruitment process.
The Board will be updated as staff continues to implement the CSE transition plan to meet the July 1 deadline.
Board members with questions should contact General Manager Michelle Lancaster at 704-336-2621 or via email
Special Meeting for Ethics Webinar
The School of Government is offering a webinar on Thursday, March 25 from 4 -6 p.m. as a convenient way for elected officials to fulfill the mandatory requirement for 2 hours of ethics training by January 1, 2011. The fee is $95 per individual registration or $95 for a group.
To save costs, a Special Meeting of the Board of County Commissioners will be held for purposes of participating in the webinar. Board members will be contacted by the County Manager’s Office to confirm attendance.
In addition, the law requires the Clerk to the Board to maintain a record verifying receipt of the ethics education by each board member. The School of Government will not provide verification of attendance. Therefore, any elected official deciding to participate in the webinar individually will be responsible for reporting their attendance to the Clerk.
Board members with questions should contact Assistant to the County Manager Nyki Hardy at 704-336-2171 or via email
- Harry L. Jones, Sr., County Manager
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- Special Meeting-Topic: ABC Board, 1pm, Rm 267
- Health and Community Support Services, 3pm, CH-14
- Dinner Meeting, 5pm, CH-14
- Regular Meeting, 6pm, Chamber