Mecklenburg County funds nonprofit services that contribute to the following target areas:
- Improve the high school graduation rate
- Train and place unemployed workers
- Prevent health risks and disease
- Promote financial self-sufficiency
Priority is given to services with proven success strategies.
Community Service Grant applications were due Monday, March 31 in order to be considered for funding in FY15.
A full list of Community Service Grant agencies included in the County Manager's FY2015 Recommended Budget is available here.
FY2015 Information Session Video
Information Session Presentation
FY2015 CSG Request for Proposal Guide
To be eligible to apply for funding, a nonprofit must:
- Serve the residents of Mecklenburg County
- Have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit classification with the IRS
- Have independently audited financial statements from within the past year
- Agree not to discriminate against any employee, applicant or program participant because of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap, physical or mental impairment, disabilities or natural origin.