The Grants Locator software is easy to use and “self-explanatory”. Several community grant seekers have already tested it, including the City of Charlotte. An on-line 90-minute training is available from the vendor for those who wish to access it. You may sign up for the training by contacting the vendor representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
. The training is included in the County’s license agreement.
The training and use of the system is also being offered at no charge to individual users. However, we need to know if you are using the system and if it is serving your needs in order to justify continuation of the license. At some point, we will ask you to complete a brief questionnaire evaluating the utility of the system.
If you wish to participate, please print and complete this User Agreement
If you have any questions or wish to add users, please contact me at:
Sharon Kugelmass, PhD.
Mecklenburg County Grants Coordinator
Welcome aboard and thanks for signing on!
Federal grants seekers
For information on federal grant opportunities and application procedures, please see the federal grants website, http://www.grants.gov.
To access the County's NEW federal on-line e-application process and instructions, please see County CCR Process
For more information or assistance: Sharon.Kugelmass@mecklenburgcountync.gov
Federal Grants CFDA - Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Hands-on-training and assistance is available upon request.
-- www.cfda.gov Federal Agency Grant Notifications
-- www.grants.gov U.S. Department of Education
– www.ed.gov U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
– various subagencies (ACF, HRSA, NIH, ODPHP, OMH) -- www.dhhs.gov One Less Step for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Grant Applicants
Mecklenburg County has completed a federal Assurance of Compliance form, indicating compliance with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Civil Rights Act legislation and related anti-discrimination provisions.
If you apply for a federal DHHS grant in future, you do not need to repeat this process, but simply reference Mecklenburg County's compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and related requirements as of February 2007 and May 17, 2005.
- Official North Carolina State Government Website – www.ncgov.org.
NC Governor's Crime Commission
Foundation Center - http://foundationcenter.org/findfunders/
- GuideStar – Grant Explorer provides grantmaker and grantee information on foundations and non-profits, respectively for an annual subscription fee of $499.00. -- www.guidestar.org
- Duke Endowment Library - Call Marilyn MacKenzie (704-376-0291x103) for appointment.
- Annual Reports - Contact funding source directly.
- Tax Returns (990-PF) for tax returns filed by private foundations: where they give & how much.
- Program Officers – Direct call.