Mecklenburg County only accepts online applications for employment.
All employment applications must be completed online and submitted electronically. If you do not have access to a personal computer, Mecklenburg County has a number of public computers available for your use at our main office located at 700 East Fourth Street. You may also wish to visit any of the numerous Public Library Branches.
Completing the employment application is not difficult, but will take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
Before you begin, you should have the following information or documents ready:
- Driver's license number, license class and expiration date (if required)
- List of employers, with employment dates and occupational titles
- List of schools, with attendance dates and degrees earned
- Licenses and Certificates required, issue and expiration dates, names of licensing or certifying bodies
- Resume ready to upload into the system. (optional)