How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Resource Guide
Adult Services
Child Services
HIV/STD Services
Pregnancy/Birth Services
Nutrition & Physical Activity Services
Tobacco Use Prevention
Triple P
The Core
Health Disparities
Community Alternatives Program
CAP Children

Community Alternative Program/Disabled Adults - CAP/DA

The CAP/DA  Program is a program that allows elderly an disabled adults ages 18 and up to receive support services in their own home, as an alternative to nursing home placement. By providing in home care, case management, and other supports, CAP/DA can help these individuals stay at home. 

> CAP/DA Intake Form

Services Available

Support services include: 

  • case management
  • skilled nursing
  • occupational therapy
  • speech therapy
  • in-home aide services
  • respite care
  • adult day health care
  • home delivered meals
  • durable medical equipment
  • telephone alert
  • medical supplies
  • home mobility aides
  • institutional respite
  • home modifications
  • home mobility aids
  • assistive technology

New Services include:

  • CAP/Choice – The CAP Choice Program allows older and disabled adults the opportunity to direct and have increased control over the services and supports that are arranged to meet their needs.
  • Money Follows the Person – State Demonstration Project that assists people living in an in-patient facilities move into their own communities with support. Patient must be in an institution for at least three months, currently staying in the institution, and meet CAP/DA criteria to be considered for this program. People in this category are prioritized on the CAP/DA waiting list.

Client Eligibility

Persons 18 years of age or older requiring intermediate or skilled level nursing facility care and who can receive CAP coded Medicaid.

Cost and Payment Information

There may be a cost to clients for services provided.

What Should Your Bring?

Potential clients must complete the CAP/DA Intake Form to be considered for this program.  Also, need to qualify for CAP/Medicaid at Department of Social Services. For more information, contact: 704-336-4674.

Printed from: