Ryan White Program's treatment of HIV disease includes the following medical services, regardless of a patient's ability to pay:
- Antiretroviral therapy
- Viral load monitoring and resistance testing
- Opportunistic infection (OI) prophylaxis
- Care for HIV-related complications
- Routine medical care (including immunizations, gynecological exams, referrals for colonoscopy and/or mammogram, etc.)
HIV care can be very complex. Our compassionate support staff can help with the health-related, social, psychological and economic concerns of our clients.
In Fiscal Year 2011-2012, due to the delay in federal funding and the uncertainty of the level of award for the Charlotte TGA, only 6 service categories were funded. These included:
- Ambulatory/Outpatient Medical Care
- Drug Reimbursement
- Medical Case Management
- Health Insurance Premium and Co-Pay Assistance
- Medical Transportation
- Oral Health Services
These categories were funded to ensure the provision of uninterrupted medical services to clients.