What is the Marketplace?
The Marketplace is a new way to find quality health coverage. It can help if you do not have coverage now or if you have it but want to look at other options.
With one Marketplace application, you can learn if you can get lower costs based on your income, compare your coverage options side-by-side, and enroll.
When can I apply?
Open enrollment started October 1, 2013. Coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2014. Open enrollment ends March 31, 2014.
How can I apply?
There are many ways to apply. A single streamlined application is available in several different places:
- BY MAIL – Paper applications now available. To get a paper application, download the application form and instructions.
- BY PHONE – Call 1-800-318-2596 (Customer service 24 hour, 7 days a week in 150 languages)
- ONLINE – www.healthcare.gov (in English) www.cuidadodesalud.gov (in Spanish)
- IN PERSON – If you would like assistance completing your application, you can schedule an appointment with a health insurance navigator in NC by calling 1-855-733-3711. It’s free!
- IN PERSON – Mecklenburg County Health Department is here to HELP – Call for an appointment: 980-314-0950