Hey Moms and Dads! Not all sun protection comes in a bottle. There are lots of ways to protect your child's skin all year long. Here are five you can try.
- Hide and Seek. Seek shade under a tree, an umbrella or a pop-up tent to prevent sunburn.
- Cover Up. Clothing that covers your child's skin helps protect against UV rays.
- Get a Hat. Hats that shade the face, scalp, ears, and neck are easy to use and give great protection.
- Shades Are Cool. And they protect your child's eyes from UV rays. Look for sunglasses that wrap around and block as close to 100% of both UVA and UVB rays as possible.
- Rub on Sunscreen. Use sunscreen with at least SPF 15 and UVA/UVB protection every time your child goes outside.