An employee will only qualify for GRH if one of the following situations occurs:
- A serious problem occurs at your child's school or daycare center
- An immediate family member has an emergency and you are unable to wait for your normal ride home
- You have to work mandatory unscheduled overtime
- Your home or property is damaged by burglary, fire, etc.
- You get sick at work and can't wait for your normal ride home
- Your carpool/vanpool driver has to leave work early because of an emergency or must work unscheduled overtime and you have no other way to get home.
This program is not for use in situations where the employee had previous notice of overtime, doctor's appointments, child's school or daycare early release days, or any other situation where the employee failed to plan for a schedule change.
Qualification for this program is at the discretion of the employer or supervisor.