Supporting breastfeeding Makes good business sense!
Mothers who choose to breastfeed are doing a world of good for their baby AND their business.
- Breastfed babies are healthier! They have fewer infections and illnesses, even if they are in daycare.
- Mothers who breastfeed are healthier. Their risk of breast cancer and osteoporosis is lower, and they recover from pregnancy and childbirth faster.
- Because mothers and babies are healthier, company healthcare costs are significantly lower!
- Healthier babies means mothers and fathers have to use fewer sick leaves to care for sick infants.
US Department of Health and Human Services has compiled a Breastfeeding Support Toolkit you can use as you start a program, including:
- Worksite Breastfeeding Support Policy
- Sample Assessment Form
- Timeline for Implementing a Lactation Support Program
- Lactation Support Program Feedback Forms
- Promotional Flyers
- Promotional Table Tents
- Drop-in Newsletter Communications
- Resource Guide
- Employer Spotlights
View the toolkit.