May 1, 2006
MECKLENBURG COUNTY ABC BOARD ANNOUNCES GRANT PROGRAM
Charlotte, NC – The Mecklenburg County Alcoholic Beverage Control Board will be awarding grants during fiscal year 2006-2007.
North Carolina law mandates that seven (7) percent of the profits generated by liquor sales and collected by local ABC Boards be spent on alcohol or other drug prevention, education, treatment, or research. Most non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organizations that provide these services are eligible to apply for grants.
Other specific requirements of the grant program include:
• Grants will be made for a one-time project or on-going project;
• Grant recipients will be required to sign and adhere to a grant contract and comply with reporting requirements;
• Grants will not exceed $25,000.00
• Grant payments will be made on a monthly basis to reimburse expenditures or pay invoices from subcontractors for services rendered rather that in a lump sum; and
• Grant recipients may be requested to appear before the Mecklenburg County ABC Board at any time during the fiscal year to give a presentation on the progress of their project.
Organizations interested in submitting a grant application should visit the board website at
The deadline to submit an application is the close of the business day Friday, June 2, 2006. The grant awards will be announced the first week of August, 2006.
For additional information, contact Mary Ward at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-731-5900